UBISTART Tour becomes MedStartUp@us.ca
The Galien Foundation and Business France (formerly Ubifrance) join forces for the second time to enable, encourage and reward international partnerships between French and North American innovators.
MedStartUp Program brings together companies from the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare industries, where innovation, scientific excellence and commercial goals are of utmost importance.
Why participate to the MedStartUp Program?
• Global Networking opportunities: 50 French potential partners selected for their innovation and +100 relevant North American entities brought together for 1 day in 1 location.
• To identify strategic partnerships and facilitate synergistic collaborations.
• To benchmark innovations and best practices already existing in the European pipeline.
• To reinforce the visibility and the feasibility of your project by connecting with experienced, reputable partners.
This year , the event will be held in the same premises as the prestigious 2015 Galien Forum. The Galien Forum will convene a distinguished group of scientists and industry researchers to review the most significant challenges in the global burden of disease and highlight the latest research and clinical pathways.
The Forum’s Advisory Committee, whose 10 members include four Nobel Prize laureates, has selected a keynote luncheon speaker and eight expert panels to advance this year’s Forum theme of “Next Wave Treatments for Unmet Medical Needs,”.
- Click here for more information
MEDSTARTUP: the 5 steps of the program
The MEDSTARTUP Program will operate in 3 phases:
• 1. Until July 31st, French candidates will be able to apply online during the first phase of communication. Simultaneously, the projects intended to be presented during the MEDSTARTUP Days will be selected and prepared.
• 2. On October 27th, during the MEDSTARTUP Days, the participants will have the opportunity to present their company and meet with potential partners.
• 3. From November 2015 to March 2016, the partnerships formed during the MEDSTARTUP Days will have six months to develop and present their international project and apply to the MEDSTARTUP competition. Meanwhile, the Galien Foundation Board, which includes several Nobel Laureates, will oversee the selection of the independent international jury who will be responsible in December for choosing and awarding the MEDSTARTUP Award to the most innovative and promising projects originating from the MEDSTARTUP Days.
The MEDSTARTUP rules can be downloaded from this link