The MedStartUp application process
Elaboration and submission of collaborative Projects – From November 2016 to April 2017
North American and French participants will apply as a team to enter the MEDSTARTUP competition by submitting a joint proposal by April 15th 2017.
An expert panel will review proposals and select the 4 most innovative and promising North American – French Projects based on the criteria below:
- Market Potential: In what way does your project answer unmet needs?
- Innovation: How is your project innovative?
- Business Model: Describe your project’s business model
- Social Benefits: What impact on society would your project hold?
- Financial Forecast: In what way is your project realistic and economically viable?
- Strength of partnership: What additional scientific or economic value would be attained in developing an international partnership versus maintaining a domestic focus?
- Project summary: why do you apply to the MedStartUp competition?
MedStartUp Award – October 2017, New York, NY USA
During the Galien Foundation’s Gala, the 4 winners will be rewarded by the Galien Foundation with a $ 25000 value prize from the Galien Foundation eligible for any of Business France services in North America.
The 4 awarded categories are:
– Best Collaboration or Partnership with Academia Leading to a Breakthrough Solution
– Best Innovative Trial Design Leading to Quicker and Better Therapeutic Outcome
– Best Use of Health Patient Engagement Technologies
– Best Collaboration or Partnership Leading to a Breakthrough Therapy or Diagnosis dedicated to the in-developing countries